The location of our wedding is San Juan Capistrano, with the reception at Slattery Hall across the street.
Mission San Juan Capistrano (originally christened in 1716 as La Misión San José de los Nazonis and located in East Texas) was founded in 1731 by Spanish Catholics of the Franciscan Order, on the eastern banks of the San Antonio River in present-day Bexar County, Texas. The new settlement (part of a chain of Spanish missions) was named for a 15th-century theologian and “warrior priest” who resided in the Abruzzo region of Italy. The mission San Juan was named after Saint John of Capestrano. Read more.